Warrington drivers are being urged to prepare for dangerous winter driving on icy roads in the coming weeks. Yellow warnings of ice are in place across most of the United Kingdom as cold air moves in behind the rain. Road users in Warrington can expect rain, sleet and snow, particularly in areas of higher altitude. Check the weather forecast here
TG Autos urges its Warrington and St. Helens customers, friends and families to prepare for icy roads and be extra careful when driving in winter. Here are a few tips for driving in snow and ice.
- Ensure windscreens and windows are fully cleared of ice and snow before setting off on a car journey.
- Allow extra time for journeys as traffic is likely to move slowly on wet and icy roads.
- Put blankets and warm clothing in your car in case you break down in cold weather.
- Make sure that all important liquid levels are topped up; Windscreen wash, engine coolant, oil etc.
- Be patient and extra friendly to fellow road users as it’s always a stressful time on the roads in snow and ice.
Winter driving is harmful to cars too. If you are unfortunate enough that the cold weather proves too much for your car, we have a great selection of second-hand cars, all with 15 months warranties and roadside assistance for your peace of mind. Contact us to arrange a test drive.